Celebrate Martin Luther King, Jr. Day In and Around Bucks County
This MLK Day we invite you to check out the local opportunities below as a way to connect with your community and to continue the legacy of Dr. King.
While many see Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (MLK Day) as a day off from school or work, more and more people are treating the holiday as a “day on.”
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly.”
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Each year since its creation, millions of Americans honor Martin Luther King, Jr.’s legacy by coming together for a national day of service and dialogue on the late civil rights leader’s birthday (January 15). It’s an opportunity to start your year in the spirit of volunteerism and service. This MLK Day we invite you to check out the local opportunities below as a way to connect with your community and to continue the legacy of Dr. King, who spent his life working to better the lives of others.
To learn more about volunteering with non-profit organizations in Bucks County, check out these volunteering opportunities.
Looking for more events towards Chester County? Check out our sister site Main Line Parent’s MLK Day roundup.
More ways to celebrate MLK Day with your family:
- Read a book about Martin Luther King, Jr.’s life and legacy
- Teach your children about civil rights and social justice.
- Watch or listen to the “I Have a Dream” speech.
- Visit a local museum or memorial, or take part in an online celebration.
- Interview friends or family members who remember the Civil Rights movement.
- Share the causes that are personally important to you and your kids.
Feature Photo Courtesy of Please Touch Museum