Discover family-friendly events with the Bucks County Parent Community Calendar. Our team adds fresh content every week to help you make the most of raising kids around Bucks County, from the baby and little ones-stage through the teen years and beyond! Please be sure to check with the host location about their health and safety protocols, as well as their registration requirements, prior to heading out!
Have an event to share? Submit it to us for consideration!
Sign up for your Bucks County Parent High Five Email Newsletter to plan your weekend adventures and discover local stories. Ready to explore more of the Delaware Valley? Make the most of this week with the Philadelphia Family and Main Line Parent Community Calendars too!
MGM’s legendary technicolor spectacular, has stunned audiences since its release, offering iconic musical numbers, a cast of memorable characters, and, of course, Dorothy’s famous ruby slippers. Dorothy Gale (Judy Garland) is swiftly taken out of her life in Kansas, dropped into the world of Oz, sent on a quest to discover the all-powerful Wizard, all while doing battle with the Wicked Witch of the West.
WHAT TO KNOW:
• Gates open at 7:30 pm and the movie will begin at dusk (around 8:30 pm).
• County Theater staff will be on hand at the check in table.
• If you pre-purchased popcorn with your ticket you may pick it up when you check-in.
• A limited number of popcorn boxes ($5 each) and water bottles ($2 each) will be available to purchase at the screening.
• Bring your own blanket and/or chair as seating will not be provided.
• Limited parking is available in the museum lot, but walking and biking are encouraged.
• There are open bathrooms located within the Mercer Museum lobby. Please ask either Mercer Museum or County staff for help in case you have trouble finding it.
• Keep in mind that a can of bug repellent comes in handy while watching an outdoor movie.
• Rain date: Tuesday, May 23.
This 2023 MOVIES AT THE MERCER series occurs on the third Thursday of each month on the green of the Mercer Museum. This outdoor screening series is a collaboration between the Mercer Museum, the County Theater and the Moving Picture Cinema.
Click here for tickets: https://countytheater.org/films/wizard-of-oz.php