Discover family-friendly events with the Bucks County Parent Community Calendar. Our team adds fresh content every week to help you make the most of raising kids around Bucks County, from the baby and little ones-stage through the teen years and beyond! Please be sure to check with the host location about their health and safety protocols, as well as their registration requirements, prior to heading out!
Have an event to share? Submit it to us for consideration!
Sign up for your Bucks County Parent High Five Email Newsletter to plan your weekend adventures and discover local stories. Ready to explore more of the Delaware Valley? Make the most of this week with the Philadelphia Family and Main Line Parent Community Calendars too!
Atlantis Aquatics Sports Scuba AAI and the Friends of Nockamixon State Park will be hosting an Earth Day Lake Clean up Event in partnership with Keep Pennsylvania Beautiful and Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources. As well with the help of Friends of Nockamixon State Park.
If you are interest to volunteer in this event, either as a diver or non-diver, please read the information below.
A few things to know:
1. All volunteers MUST sign up as a DCNR Volunteer on the link below, it takes only a few minutes and you can register at any time before the event.
2. Everyone participating in the the event must sign in at Park Office.
3. All participants MUST present photo ID
4. All divers MUST present ID and diving certification (C-Card)
5. Dive Flag is a MUST per buddy groups. Dive Flag MUST be shown at all times while in the water.
6. Divers, please bring a mesh bag for trash, and make sure you have a dive knife or line cutter.
7. Dress according to the weather. If you are diving make sure to wear appropriate gear and exposure suit.
8. Non-Divers, dress according to the weather, suggested to wear long pants and sleeves. (Ivy is always around)
9. Feel free to bring some trash bags and gloves, if it’s not an inconvenience. We’ll have enough, but we go through a decent amount with volunteers, so it’s nice to have extras available.
10. We are planning on having a light lunch/refreshments for the volunteers provided by donation from Friends of Nockamixon State PARK and Atlantis Aquatics (To be announced closer to date). Feel free to bring your own snacks and water to. Stay hydrated!
11. Share with others that you believe will be interested participating in this event.
12. Bring your smile!